This Privacy Notice explains how personal data (“Data”) provided by you to – and collected by – CNH Industrial Deutschland GmbH (“we”, “us”, “our”, or the “Company”) through this website will be handled in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
Data that may be collected, processed and stored are the following:
- Identification and Contact Data
- Professional data
- Computer Device Data
Ordinarily, you will have provided such Data to us, but in some cases, we may collect Data about you from a third party or from public records. We protect Data obtained from such third parties according to the practices described in this privacy notice.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES WE USE DATA
Data may be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your requests by providing information about our products, services and commercial network;
- Pursuing our interest to establish, maintain and improve our relationship with you;
- Analysis of browsing data in order to increase the quality and guarantee the security and functionality of our website;
- Operating our social media presence and offer you a better user experience providing you direct access, through our website, to CNHi contents hosted on third party platforms.
Data is collected and processed on the basis of the contract and our legitimate interest for the processing under points (i), (ii) and (iii). Data may be processed electronically within IT systems, and manually, in paper form. Data will be processed and stored for its whole lifecycle, ensuring security and confidentiality of the same in compliance with principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency and in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
Some of the contents available in CNH Industrial website are hosted on third-party platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) on our publicly available profiles in social networks. These platforms are generally able to process your data for their own purposes when you access such contents visiting their website or interacting with social buttons or plugins integrated in our website independently if you are not logged in or do not have an account and, depending on certain circumstances (e.g. if you are logged in), to comprehensively analyze your user behavior and showing you interest-based advertising.
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
- b) Instagram Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870?cms_id=581066165581870
- e) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Data collected and processed to operate our social media presence is based on our legitimate interest in achieving the most comprehensive presence possible on the Internet and to offer you a better user experience through the integration of such social buttons and our YouTube videos.
CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
Submitting Data is never mandatory. However, not providing Data that is necessary to provide a service or product and that is marked as mandatory may prevent us from providing the required service or the product or may result in suboptimal provision of the required service or product. On the other hand, not providing Data whose provision is marked as optional will allow you to access the service or to receive the product in any event.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE DATA
We are part of the CNH Industrial, a global leader in the capital goods sector. Data may be shared and communicated to our subsidiaries and affiliates of the CNH Industrial, trusted external parties, service providers, authorized dealers and distributors and business partners, based in and outside the European Union, which are under specific contractual obligation and may use it solely for the fulfillment of the purposes listed above.
Date may be communicated to third parties to comply with legal obligations, to operate and maintain our and the CNH Industrial Group security, protect our and the CNH Industrial Group rights or property, to respond to order of Public Authorities, or to exercise our rights before judicial authorities.
HOW WE TRANSFER DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
In order to perform Data processing activities as detailed above, we may transfer Data in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including storing such Data in digital or physical databases managed by entities acting on our behalf. Database management and Data processing are limited to the purposes of the processing and are carried out according to applicable data protection laws and regulations.
In case Data are transferred outside of the EEA, the Company will use any appropriate contractual measures to guarantee adequate protection of the Data, including – among others – agreements based on Standard Data Protection Clauses adopted by the EU Commission applicable to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
In addition to the adoption of legitimate mechanisms for the data transfer outside the EEA, the CNH Industrial Group’s affiliates and subsidiaries in the U.S. participate to the Privacy Shield program and, therefore, are also committed to act in compliance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and the CNH Industrial Privacy Shield Policy, available here: https://www.cnhindustrial.com/en-us/governance/policies_and_guidelines/Pages/corporate_policies.aspx
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We maintain Data in our systems and archives for as long as necessary to pursue the purposes described in this Privacy Notice taking into account, when applicable, legal and contractual requirements.
When Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, Data is deleted or kept in a form which does not permit the identification of data subjects, provided that we are not legally required or permitted to hold such Data. We may continue to store Data for a longer period, as may be necessary to protect our interests related to potential liability connected to the provision of the services or products or the processing of Data.
CNH Industrial Deutschland GmbH, with corporate office in Benzstrasse 1, 74076 Heilbronn, Germany, is the Controller for the Data it collects, processes and stores in the framework of this Privacy Notice.
CNH Industrial Deutschland GmbH has appointed a data protection officer.
You can reach our data protection officer at:
CNH Industrial Deutschland GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Phone: + 49 7131 106-101
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
You may exercise your rights as defined by applicable laws and regulations, among these:
- Right of access: right to obtain from the Controller a confirmation as to whether or not your Personal data is being processed, and, if so, to demand to gain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification: right to obtain from the Controller the rectification of your personal data that you may consider inaccurate and to have incomplete information being completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure: right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, where the request is made in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Right to object to data processing: right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interest of the Controller.
- Right to limit the data processing: right to obtain from the Controller a limitation on the processing activities when the accuracy and the precision of personal data is disputed, and for the time necessary for the Controller to verify the accuracy of personal data.
- Right to data portability: right to receive the personal data you provided to the Controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance from the Controller, especially following these conditions: the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to make a complaint: without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial dispute, if you believe the data processing has been carried out illicitly or not compliant with applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Supervisory Authority of the Member State in which you reside or work habitually, or of the State where any breach has occurred.
You can exercise the abovementioned rights by contacting us as follows:
- Filling the online form you can find here
- Writing an email to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, attaching the standard form that you can download from here
- Sending a letter to the Data Protection Officer at the address indicated in the section “Data Controller” of this Privacy Notice, attaching the standard form that you can download from here
- Writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching the standard form that you can download from here
- Sending a letter to the Controller at the address indicated in the section “Data Controller” of this Privacy Notice, specifying “for the attention of Privacy Compliance”, attaching the standard form that you can download from here
Should you send us a request, we may need to obtain additional Personal data from you to verify your identity and contact you, if necessary. This information, together with other Data we already withhold, will then be processed to meet your request, as required by applicable law. Where necessary, certain information may be transferred to other companies within or outside the CNH Industrial Group that act as data processors of your Data, in order to meet your request. Your Data will be processed for the necessary amount of time to evaluate and handle your request, after which your Data will be archived for a suitable time period allowing us to demonstrate that the request has been handled correctly and timely.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was updated in 06/16/2023. We reserve the right to amend or update the Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing activities. We will publish any update on this website and it will be effective upon posting. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to learn how we protect your Data.